The Guild held its AGM at Berkswell on Saturday, April 28th, at Berkswell, with ringing also taking place at Kenilworth.
The AGM was held after an uplifting service and a sumptuous tea. The hightlights are:-
- The minutes, accounts etc. were approved
- The accounts and budget were both approved
- The President, Joy Pluckrose, retired at the end of the maximum term allowed under the rules. There were no nominations for President and the meeting therefore asked Joy to continue in the role until the October Meeting, in the first instance
- The Treasurer, Peal Secretary, Ringing Master, Webmaster, Independent Examiner and Chairman of the Towers and Belfries Committee were all re-elected
- Rosemary Spencer was elected as PRO and Mike Young took over as Safeguarding Officer from Chris Mew
- The Guild has been left a substantial sum under the will of Phillikp Faulks, the interest to be applied to the BRF. Much work has been undertaken by the Trustees on this matter and a little more is to be done before we are certain of the income we will be receiving. We should be able to increase the level of our grants in the future.
- Working is ongoing in compliance with the GDPR.
Joy Pluckrose was presented with flowers by Treasurer, Simon Rogers, to thank her for her 3 year term as President