First Aid Course.
12th October 2019 at Ryton on Dunsmore Church.
Course Tutor: Mark Butler. Mark is a ringer at Leamington Spa and also a St John’s Ambulance trainer. He is running this programme for the Guild as a volunteer and we are grateful for the contribution of his time and expertise.
This is a bespoke course lasting 6 hours, with the following aims:
- Provide a basic first aid course suitable to people using the church and bell tower
- To cover basic life support including basic use of an AED using as much practical activity as possible
- To discuss and explore documentation, minor cuts / splinters / burns, bruises and head injury
- Have an overview of legislative requirements.
- How to administer CPR
- How to control external bleeding
- Recognise and manage shock
- Recognise the signs of sepsis
- Safe use of first aid equipment.
The programme is being held in Ryton on Dunsmore Church room. We have access to the bell tower, so some of the practical sessions will be held in the belfry.
The course will start at 9.30 and finish at 3.30. Lunch will be provided and tea and coffee available during the day.
There is no charge for attending the course, but the Guild is asking participants to pay £20 towards the cost of the church room hire and refreshments.
For further details please contact .