Weekly View
Sun. 21 Oct, 2018 - Sat. 27 Oct, 2018

Sun. 21 Oct, 2018

There are no events on this day.

Mon. 22 Oct, 2018

Tue. 23 Oct, 2018

There are no events on this day.

Wed. 24 Oct, 2018

There are no events on this day.

Thu. 25 Oct, 2018

There are no events on this day.

Fri. 26 Oct, 2018

Advanced Practice (Fri. 26 Oct, 2018 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm)

This takes place at Brinklow - Glasgow Surprise Major

Sat. 27 Oct, 2018

Coventry District Outing (All day)

Longborough, St James, GL56 0RF 2pm – 2:45pm
6 bells Tenor Weight 11cwt (T) available in church

The bells were originally a ring of five by Richard Keene of Woodstock, of which only two bells survive. They were rehung and augmented by Bond of Burford in 1898 and rehung again by Arthur Berry in 1987 when the 5th was recast. The ringing chamber access is through the church, up a short ladder and through a trap door. Parking – Limited on street parking outside the church.

Broadwell, St Paul, GL56 0YD 3:10pm – 3:55pm
6 bells Tenor Weight 6cwt

The old five bells were completely rehung in a new metal frame in 1981 and augmented to six. The second has no inscription, but it is probably by Robert Wells I. The tower entrance is outside in the north west corner of the tower. There is an awkward step down into the ringing chamber, we have also been advised there are bats living in the belfry! Parking – On street by the church.

Adlestrop, St Mary Magdalene, GL56 0YN 4:15pm – 5pm
6 bells Tenor Weight 4cwt (T) should be available in village hall

The restoration and remodelling of this ring of bells was one of the last jobs undertaken by the Whitechapel Bell Foundry before it closed (2016). The previous back two bells were removed from the ring and three trebles added to make a lighter 6. The bells are accessed by a wooden ladder at the west end of the church just inside the main door. Parking - There is limited parking at the church with additional parking in the layby by the post office/village green, please try to park “nose in” to accommodate more vehicles.

Moreton in Marsh, St Davids, GL56 0LT 5:30pm – 6:15pm
8 bells Tenor Weight 10cwt (T) in the centre of town by Redesdale Hall

The two-tier frame and fittings were installed in 1958 by Taylors. The tower entrance is outside the church in the south east corner of the tower. The ringing room is accessed from a door in the south side of the tower that opens on to a stone spiral (anti-clockwise) staircase. Parking – On street outside the church or in the centre of town.

Tower notes courtesy of “A Ringers Guide to Towers in Gloucestershire”. Compiled by David P. Bagley

Please can we each give £5 to cover the cost of Tower donations for all 4 towers. 

Search Calendar