Arley, St Wilfred, Warwickshire

Arley Bells: 6; 7-0-12 in Ab (GF)
Grid Reference: 140/283906
Postcode: CV7 8RD
District: Coventry
Peals: Felstead Database
Recording:
Practice Night: None
Service Ringing: None 
Recommended Pub: Wagon Load of Lime, Ansley Lane, Arley, CV7 8FU Tel: 01676 540831
Contact: Revd Peter Allen 024 7639 9070

History

One of many nice villages near to Coventry. The church is on the main road in OLD ARLEY, there being no ring of bells in New Arley. A nice compact church where you ring from the ground floor behind the organ.

The H frame and fittings are by Taylor, 1929 - but the back three are fitted with wooden stocks and not cast iron ones as are the trebles. The three old bells retain their canons, the trebles being cast flat headed. The tenor has been long said to be in the key of Ab, but is actually A-12c

Entrance is through the main door on the south side of the church. There is some parking just below the church on the south side in a grassed area, plus careful parking on the road by the church.

Details of the bells
1 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough 1929 2-3-14 23.50" 1468.0Hz (F#-14c)
2 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough 1929 3-0-14 25.00" 1309.5Hz (E-12c)
3 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough 1929 3-3-11 27.00" 1167.0Hz (D-11c)
4 Robert Newcombe, Leicester c.1570 4-0-03 27.875" 1100.0Hz (c#-14c)
5 Hugh Watts II, Leicester 1625 4-3-26 30.75" 965.0Hz (B-40c)
6 Edward Arnold, Leicester 1790 7-0-12 33.625" 874.0Hz (A-12c)