Beaudesert, St Nicholas, Warwickshire
|Bells:||6; 6-2-12 in B|
|Practice Night:||Occasional Wednesdays 7.00 to 8.15 instead of Henley-in-Arden – call to check|
|Service Ringing:||No regular Sunday ringing|
|Recommended Pub:||There is no pub in the village, but plenty in Henley in Arden which is extremely close by. Try here for details of local locals!|
|Contact:||Dr M Colclough, 3 Beaudesert Place, Henley-in-Arden, Solihull B95 5BF 01564 793710 Click to Email |
History Of The Bells
The church is only a few hundred yards or so from the ring of six at Henley in Arden. It is part of the same benefice. Follow the road down the side of Henley church in order to find the church, you can park by the church hall.
Until recently hese bells were a hopelessly unringable ring of three. The bells hung in a medieval frame with thin replacement timbers, early C18 fittings and C19 wheels; they sounded the notes F, E and C#. The frame was considerably altered during its lifetime and the bells "swung" East to West in parallel pits. All bells had their canons retained, (the second had three canons remaining - and three false iron ones) and none were turned.
The bells were removed from the tower by Taylors on 21st July 2012. A "new" ring has been hung in a fabricated frame lower in the tower for 6, retiring the treble and adding 4 "new" bells to the other two. The fourth and tenor have come from St Nicholas, Guildford where their six of their existing bells were replaced with new bells to better match the other four Taylor bells of 1926 in 2013. The treble came from Ashburnham Place in Sussex and the second from St Luke, Barrow in Furness, which has been closed and demolished. The former treble was retired from the ring and is hung dead in the old frame for chiming.
The treble has had its canons removed, the third and fifth retain their canons and the others were cast with flat tops.
The bells were successfully rung for the first time on October 22nd 2013.
The Bells at Taylors - March 2013
(Click to enlarge)
Details Of The Previous Bells
|3||Joseph Smith, Edgbaston||1711||4-2-12||29.00"||1110.5Hz||(C#+3c)|
Details of the New Ring
|1||Thomas Mears II, Whitechapel||1817||2-2-00||23.00"||1696.0Hz||(G#+36c)|
|2||Mears & Stainbank, Whitechapel||1963||2-3-13||24.00"||1511.0Hz||(F#+36c)|
|4||John Taylor & Co, Loughborough||1926||4-3-07||27.75"||1270.7Hz||(D#+36c)|
|5||Joseph Smith, Edgbaston||1711||4-2-08||29.00"||1132.0Hz||(C#+36c)|
|6||John Taylor & Co, Loughborough||1879||6-2-12||32.25"||1008.5Hz||(B+36c)|