Newbold Pacey, St George, Warwickshire
|Bells:||4; 7cwt in B|
|Contact:||Rev John Burrell The Rectory, Church Lane, Lighthorne, Warwick CV35 OAR|
History Of The Bells
A small village church along a narrow lane. Look for the small "Church" sign off the main road, not to the Hall, the other one! It is a fair distance down the lane. There is some parking near to the church.
The ringing room is reached via a vertical ladder in the church porch.
The frame and fittings are probably of 1881, contemporary with the present church - but by a carpenter and builder (probably James Kibler of Wellesbourne) rather than a bellhanger. These bells are the only surviving complete ring by this foundry; other rings, e.g. Badsey and Hinton on the Green, having been augmented by other founders. They are therefore listed bells. Treble swings E-W along the South wall and the rest N-S in parallel pits on the North wall. None of the bells have been turned.
The treble is rung from the corner of the ringing room and the other 3 in a straight line down the middle of it - not using all of what is a fairly small ringing room.
Details Of The Bells
|1||William Clarke & Michael Bushell, Evesham||1707||4cwt||26.50"||1344.0Hz||(E+33c)|
|2||William Clarke & Michael Bushell, Evesham||1707||4½cwt||27.75"||1248.5Hz||(D#+6c)|
|3||William Clarke & Michael Bushell, Evesham||1707||5¼cwt||29.875"||1146.0Hz||(C#+57c)|
|4||William Clarke & Michael Bushell, Evesham||1707||7cwt||33.00"||997.5Hz||(B+17c)|